Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The VERY BEST Way To Season Fish!!!! (In my opinion!) ;)

Check out this delicious way to season fish, given by Shoshanna Easling!! Enjoy!



My rendition of her recipe:
  • Garlic powder
  • sea salt
  • black pepper (whole in a hand held grinder)
  • fresh lime juice (1/4 - 1/2 slice of lime per fish piece)
  • butter pieces
  • dried basil 
---Because my fish is frozen in my freezer, I first rinse in cool water to remove ice crystals. Then, pat dry with paper towel and place fish in a lightly greased, oven safe dish. (I use a cookie sheet with foil sometimes too). Spray top of fish with a high heat oil like olive oil or canola. Next place in 450 degree oven for 4 minutes to "thaw" the fish. (The oil will protect it). Then pull out fish and season with above seasonings (no order necessary). Put back in oven (still at 450) for 8 more minutes. Or until it is flaky when poked at with a fork. Enjoy with some brown rice and favorite veggie!! Here is a picture (left) of mine I made the other night. We eat this about a couple times a week! :) So good! The buttery juices in the pan are really good drizzled over the fish! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are you thinking now? :]