Translate

Friday, May 27, 2011

Created to Be His Help Meet - My Review

I have finished reading, Created To Be His Help Meet, by Debi Pearl, and thought I would give my own personal review. 

  Wow!! What an amazing book!  The Lord truly has given her wisdom to share with us younger women in regards to our role as a help meet to our husbands. Just as God says in the Scriptures, "The aged women likewise...That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children..." Titus 2:3a & 4a.   
   I learned so much!! I really saw what I was doing wrong and needed to change. It was very humbling to say the least. Some, if not all, of the marriages I've seen end in divorce, I really believe could have been prevented if the wives had humbled themselves and truly been the help meets that the Lord wanted them to be. And if they had read this book and applied her advice. No joke! It is that good. Her advice simply comes down to humbly obeying the Scriptures and what God has commanded us to be as help meets to our husbands. Regardless of who we are married to and whether or not he deserves our love, honor and respect. She does mention the exceptions of life and death situations and in those cases it is different. But generally speaking, we as wives play a very important role in allowing our husbands to be all that God wants them to be. We can be a hindrance to our husbands just as much as we can be a blessing. And sometimes we may not even realize we are being a hindrance. For myself, I thought I knew the things that I needed to work on, but after reading this book its like my eyes were opened and I began to see other areas that I needed to change. It brings to my mind this verse that I have posted on my home page as a reminder, "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1
     God has laid it out in the Bible for us to follow. Being humble, having a cheerful attitude, and not letting our emotions lead us are a few of the things that Mrs Pearl talks about in her book. I in myself don't always "feel" like being the kind of help meet I should be. That is why I must humble myself and obey what the Lord tells me to do regardless of how I "feel"! It's not the easiest thing for us to do, but will be greatly rewarded! I have experienced this first hand! Believe it or not, our marriages really depend upon it.

   Another thing is, I love how her book is jam packed with Scripture and she gives so many stories to learn from and be encouraged by! At first I thought it would be good for a ladies bible study because of the little study sections she has you do, but then the more I read I changed my mind. It is very personal, and most of it really should stay in the confidence of ones husband. But passing it out to your fellow bible study ladies is something you could do.  Immediately after reading it I wanted to get it for all my married friends and family. :o) I would highly recommend all of you married ladies, young and old, to read this book! And pronto! :o) It has truly changed my life! 
    The Lord definitely has His hand upon the Pearl's ministry and is using it to spare many a marriages and restore families! Their books and articles on child training are equally as good! I plan on posting a few sometime soon. Here are some that I purchased and have began reading and watching.


To Train Up A Child, the book



Now there is Preparing to Be His Help Meet that is written by Mrs. Pearl as well. I have given it to my sister to read. So maybe I can have her give a review for me to post when she is finished. It is for married and unmarried women. I read portions of it before I gave it to her and loved it just as much as her other book. On the books website there are some really neat videos of Debi interviewing a few girls and talking about the different types of men she mentions in her book. I have recently posted a video from their YouTube channel based from this book, here.  

Michael Pearl has a audio CD for the husbands called, "Only Men." My husband has it and is planning on listening to it soon. I might post on his review of the CD. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are you thinking now? :]