Translate

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Homemade Foaming Hand Soap - Quick & Easy!



This recipe I got off the internet works great!! It is so simple to refill! Only three ingredients! I just bought a few foam dispensers and used them up first and then refilled with my new recipe. :)

You need:
-2 Tablespoons Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap
-water
-1/2 teaspoon almond oil (or olive oil)
- a foam dispenser

Now the oil is to keep your foam dispenser working longer and not getting clogged. They say it's best to use distilled water if you want the soap to not go flat within a week, but I have just been using tap water and I haven't had any issues. And I'm pretty sure it's lasted longer than a week. 

I got a big 32 oz. bottle of peppermint Castile soap at Trader Joe's for $10. I know Whole Foods Market carries the liquid soap and it is also available online from various websites. Considering the fact you only use a few tablespoons at a time, this bottle is going to last a long time! Score! :)

Instructions:

Fill bottle with water to about one inch from top. You want to leave space for the soap, oil and pump so it won't over flow. Then add the soap and oil and if you desire, a few drops of your favorite essential oil. I stir a bit with a knife and then screw on pump. Give it a little shake and your ready to start pumping and washing your hands!! 
I keep my bottle of Castile soap near my kitchen sink and the almond oil near by as well. I have refilled probably 3 or 4 times now and it takes me less than a minute! Love it! I don't add essential just because the peppermint smells great by itself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are you thinking now? :]