Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

Paper Star Snowflake Tutorial

   Ok, so there are a few tutorials out there on how to do this, but to be honest they were pretty cheesy and not that easy to follow. You could though, still google how to make these and watch them anyhow.  I'm just warning yah! :o) Which is why I decided to go ahead and just take photos while I made it. I didn't want to put a link to any of the videos I was finding. (I also couldn't find the video tutorial I had originally watched, which was really pretty good.)

   I had a fall wreath on my door, but wanted to hang something up that represented the winter season. Well a huge snowflake sounded perfect. I just didn't know how I was going to do it, until I saw this! Hope this tutorial is easy to follow! Note: I used a glue stick which did great for the most part. I have seen these made with different colored paper too. You could add all kinds of embellishments to make these really sparkle! :o)

What you need. (Also a stapler and/or tape.)

1. Fold to form a square

2. Cut excess paper and
leave square folded as triangle

3. Fold triangle in half
5. Cut six 1 cm thick diagonal slits,
stopping 1/4" from edge.  Open paper up carefully.


4. Triangles fold is on the bottom












6. Roll up middle slits and paste or tape together
7. Flip over and paste together the next strips.






8. Flip over and do the next strips. Repeat until done.
Finished piece. Do five more of these for a total of six.

9. Paste the pieces together on their sides
to make a row.

Paste on middle of X.

Finished row of snowflake pieces.
It will begin to look like this. 

10. Paste together the tops of the snowflake pieces.




The paste wasn't holding too well in the middle,
so I added one staple for extra security.











11. On last piece, paste the X spots together.














All finished and hanging on my front door! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are you thinking now? :]